Dress Code (Revised Summer 2012)
ALL CLOTHING MUST BE SIZE APPROPRIATE - NO OVERSIZED CLOTHING - NO SAGGING ALLOWED
- SOLID white, gold or official Tyner maroon shirt only. Academy shirts may be purchased through the school.
- All shirts/tops must be tucked in at all times - Polo & Button Down dress shirts only - no other collared shirts allowed.
- Ladies may NOT wear tube or midriff tops at any time - no bare shoulders at any time.
- Tops may be either short or long sleeves, not sleeveless.
- Turtleneck shirts in shirt colors only may be worn in winter.
- Undershirts must be solid white only - NO WRITING - has to be worn underneath dress code shirt.
- Ties may be worn with button down shirts only. Ties must be appropriate for school.
- Approved School team/organization shirts may ONLY be worn on Fridays as allowed by administration.
- Any logos must be on the left pocket area only.
- SOLID Khaki only
- Belts are required and must be worn correctly
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist, not sagging
- Shorts are to be the longer walking shorts style. Shorts and skirts must touch the knee.
- Shorts may only be worn before November 1 and after March 15. Between Nov 1 and March 15 students may only wear long pants.
- Tights may be solid black, grey or white only. Even with tights, shorts or skirts must be appropriate length. Tights may not be worn without shorts or skirt.
- Blue jeans are allowed ONLY on days designated by the school administration.
- Athletic shoes, casual dress shoes or hiking boots are acceptable
- Sandals, thongs may be worn only before November 1 and after March 15
- Bedroom slippers are not allowed at any time.
OUTERWEAR (SWEATERS/SWEATSHIRTS/PULLOVERS/FLEECE WEAR)
- This policy applies to outerwear worn during school hours only, not to and from school
- All clothing under the outerwear must adhere to dress code standards.
- Sweaters/sweatshirts/pullovers/fleece wear are to be solid white/black/grey/Tyner maroon only.
- Hooded attire may be worn to and from school. If worn in the classroom hoods must be off the head.
- No hats, bandanas or headgear of any kind may be worn at any time
- Jewelry/body piercing that is deemed distracting and/or offensive will be removed by the student upon request.
- At no time should students wear shirts, jackets, or any other clothing from another school. RAM PRIDE only.
- No sunglasses are to be worn at any time. Gloves are permitted in the winter between classes only.
- Book bags and purses may be brought to school but must be placed in the locker until dismissal time.
- Book bags and purses are not to be taken from class to class during the school day.
SPECIAL NOTE: 21 Club members may be out of dress code every Monday with an appropriate badge. Atheletes may only wear jersey's to school on Friday's. Monday - Thursday athletes must be in dress code.